Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Scrapbook Page Inspiration: {People and their personalities}

So, I thought I would post some of my recent scrapbook pages for layout and inspirations sake. I also thought it would be nice for you that are trickling through in the first days to get an idea of my crafting aesthetic so you know what to expect in the future. Here are three pages I did for myself and the people in my life that I love!

Kyle {My brother in law} He is the writer in the family. I took these pictures and just loved how lost in thought he was. I like to imagine he was writing the next american novel in his head. I used bits from a couple of old destroyed books I have scavenged in the past for projects like this. Including covering the "K" chipboard in a handwritten old diary page from one of the books.

ME! As you can see I am a fan of the three similar pictures in a row layout. This is something my mother did to me my whole life {and I hated it}- taking a million pictures of me with just a little difference. But now I see how great they can be! I love all the fun colors and bits for this page... It really reflects my personality!

Michael {The Husband} I used the three similar pictures scheme for this one again but chose not to arrange them in a row. My husband is very quiet and very shy and he is always just sitting and thinking and pondering like this. I shot for a page that reflected him {muted tones with an intense color pop for interest} and though I wanted it to be sweet and romantic I kept it minimally frilly and instead pulled in some small romantic touches like the heart eyelet on the bottom right.

I hope this provided some inspiration. Leave me a comment and tell me how you incorporate your loved ones personalities {or your own personality} into their pages {or cards} and you will win a mini embellishment pack featuring items from each of the three pages!
I will leave this contest open for two weeks to give time for some people to trickle through and check me out.

Don't forget to tell a friend to come by too and I will see you at the next {post}

2 comments: