Monday, July 26, 2010

Challenge Submission: {Eight little presents!}

So today's card is for a sketch that I think just has so many possibilities! Thoughts To Paper's Challenge was to make a card or scrapbook page using this sketch {click here to try the challenge or check out their great blog!)

I turned the sketch on it's side and used the ornate shape from my last card as the bracketing. {which I love} Here's mine: {I have been in the mood to do my Christmas cards with all the Christmas in July sales, blogs, and blog hops going on right now!}


I loved making all the tiny presents and their little tiny bows! I glittered the presents, their bows, the ric rac and the sentiment to jazz it up a bit. I think this card has so many possibilities. I think it would be great as a Chanukah card with 8 little presents and the bracket on the side as an 8 or a birthday card with little girly packages for girls or bright bold colors for boys!


I also wanted to share with you this little fun idea I use. I had this cork that I loved with a super cute little fox on it and it had no real home so I put it on top of my paper piercer to protect it. So there you have it: {an excellent reason to go buy some wine!}

Stop by tomorrow for {tutorial tuesday} it's a cute one with a giveaway!

2 comments:

  1. Genius turning it on it's side! Thanks for the ideas for other ways to use this sketch too...And although I will miss poking my fingers everytime I fish around for my paper piercers, I have a few pretty wine corks that will be put to great use! Hopefully I have 4 paper piercers and only 3 corks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing along keep watching soon we will be giving out a little something for doing our Sketch your rendition was fabulous thanks for playing new one is up and ready to go

    ReplyDelete